Tuesday, March 31, 2009

my incredible kid...

I'm so thankful for Sari. The last thing I said to her this morning as she left was "I'll be here when you get home!" because she has been feeling a lot like a latch key kid these days. At about 9:45 in the morning, I got a call from our R.S. President wondering how I would feel about a spontaneous trip to Salt Lake for the R.S. training with the General Presidency. It was starting at noon. We had talked about going a couple of weeks ago, but the weather was supposed to be really yucky today, so we had decided not to. Anyway, I've really been feeling like it would do us good, so I quickly arranged for Keith to pick up Shawnie from school. I didn't have time to get a hold of Sari, so I had to leave her a note, explaining what happened and that she was in charge until I got back around 5:00. When I got home, she had everything under control, had taken care of Shawnie to perfection and even made a pan of brownies. She didn't even hate me for not being home like I said I would be. How did I ever get blessed with such an incredibly wonderful kid? She is definitely not normal, and I don't know what I'd do without her.
The meeting was everything I'd needed it to be. I can't remember the last time I took so many notes in so little time...

3 comments:

me said...

Sari is great. My favorite part is that she even made brownies. She should come and live my us this summer. Heaven knows I won't be going anywhere with 3 kids! Just send her when she gets out of school and I will send her back for school to start again.

Melissa said...

Sari is abnormally wonderful! I don't understand how she could ever get in trouble or be considered a sassy teenager.

Sari said...

Melissa,
that was one of my good days. I have quite a few bad ones. 6/7 days a week.