Wednesday, March 25, 2009

today's trials, tomorrow's testimony

So I'm laughing because I'm thinking, 'I should have waited to start this until after I practiced a little...' Today was really a terribly difficult day. Shawnie is SO sad and SO hurting and SO hungry. It has been hard to see happiness anywhere. That got me thinking. It's not just the happy things that God sends to bless our lives. I need to be thankful for the misery, too. We had a big discussion this afternoon on this very subject. I came across a quote, "Today's trials are tomorrow's testimony". That pretty much sums it up. I can't find it in myself just yet to be thankful for Shawnie's misery, so instead I am going to be thankful for the snow that fell all night and all day and all night today. I have been absolutely crabby about it but it really was incredibly beautiful to look at out of the windows in my nice, warm, comfortable home.
I do have to say, today wasn't ALL crabby. I got to spend some time at Sari's school helping in her FACS class with their sewing unit. This is such a rare thing for me to get to do anymore, and I LOVED every second of it. She ROCKS at sewing. And clay. And writing. And painting. And reading. And being patient. And messing up her room. jk (not really)

3 comments:

me said...

Oh I feel sad for Shawnie. How long did they say it would hurt?
Sari does rock doesn't she? I thought it was good how you added the messy room part- honesty is always best. When she grows up and moves out she will be a total neat freak just like you are. I promise.

meliscrzy said...

We found out she's hurting from HUGE sores inside her cheeks from when they put it all in. Her cheeks even got all swollen and fevered on the outside for a couple of days but it seems a little better now. She's still really sore and sad but it should only be a couple more days until the cankers start to heal up...

p.s. I'm NOT a neat-freak. Ask anyone who lives at my house. (except Sari, she might say I am...)

The Leavitts said...

I hate to break it to you Mel, but you are a neat freak!! I don't think I have ever seen your house a mess with the exception of when my kids are there!!