Monday, October 26, 2009

happy 11th birthday Shawnie!

I've finally gotten around to Shawnie's 10th year celebration. It made me tired just watching it! I can't believe everything that this kid fits into her little life. She truly is an angel and we feel so blessed to have her in our family. My favorite memory of her year is definitely MDA summer camp. We had an incredible bonding experience there. Notice also her birthday party at the end...SO atypical of me, we went ice-skating, the rink provided the decorations, the cake, the party favors, we just showed up. When it was over, we walked away. It was fabulous and just as great a memory for her as the parties and cakes that have taken hours to prepare and clean up.

I love you tons, Shawnie. Thanks for the strength that you add to our family. It is so fun to see you grow up and have such a love of life. Your happy heart and precious giggles help us remember to laugh even when things get tough. Your little testimony is getting stronger every day and I get so excited when you see the Lord's hand in your life. Always remember that He is there for you, and we are too!

Happy Birthday Angel!

1 comment:

me said...

I just can't believe she is 11. How do you deal with your kids getting old? It breaks my heart.