Monday, April 6, 2009

selfless service

Doc. & Cov. 76:5-6
I, the Lord, am merciful and gracious unto those who fear me,
and delight to honor those who serve me
in righteousness and in truth unto the end.
Great shall be their reward and eternal shall be their glory.


One of the most beautiful experiences of my life happened to me this week. So simple, yet it touched me in a huge way. Shawnie came rushing out of her room with this paper that she had created. She is worried about the hungry and wants to do something to help them. She wants to take this announcement door to door to ask for food to make their lives better. I'm so grateful for the angel that she truly is and for the attitude she has about life and her place in it. She really believes that regardless of her limitations, she can make a difference and there's no doubt in my mind that she will.

5 comments:

melinda said...

Can I donate some food, Shawnie?

The Leavitts said...

Count me in on helping Shawnie!! You are such an amazing girl! Love You!

This is me.... Kristen said...

I'll be down in Logan next week..... tell me what you need, and I'll bring it over Shawnie! xoxo
You guys are amazing.

me said...

That is so cute Melanie. What awesome kids you have.

Sari said...

Why are we always cute?