Hey! Mom is sick too. She had a fever and chills all night and was feeling sick to her stomach today. Hope Sari is feeling better. Shawnie, I am proud of you!!
We watched that clip in Relief Society. I love it. It is so good!!
Last month at the temple, at a particularly bad point in the month, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was so selfish to think that I shouldn't be going through the trials I'm going through. Our Savior went through so much more - and he did it for me. The atonement has become so much more personal to me through this trial. One of the main reasons for it I am sure. I'm so glad to hear your testimony Shawnie! Hope you're feeling better Sari!
I guess I will add my amen to Melinda's comment. One day I was thinking about what Joseph Smith and really what Emma went through as his wife and I was thinking about why things in my life were the way they were (you know, "Why me?" I do everything I can to live the gospel why do I have such and such) and it just came to me, "Why not me?" Every one else has gone through it why do I think I should get a big exemption stamp on my forehead?
Wish I could have been there to hear Shawnie's testimoney... and to eat with Sari.
"I promise you that all who faithfully attend to temple work will be blessed beyond measure. Your families will draw closer to the Lord, unseen angels will watch over your loved ones when Satanic forces tempt them, the veil will be thin, and great spiritual experiences will distill upon this people. --Vaughn J. Featherstone
favorite quotes:
The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it.
You either have to laugh or cry.
I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache. -Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Therefore, dearly beloved, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power, and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance to see the salvation of God, and for His arm to be revealed.
-Doc. & Cov. 123:17
Do what you can,
with what you have,
where you are.
-Theodore Roosevelt
I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
3 comments:
Hey! Mom is sick too. She had a fever and chills all night and was feeling sick to her stomach today. Hope Sari is feeling better. Shawnie, I am proud of you!!
We watched that clip in Relief Society. I love it. It is so good!!
Last month at the temple, at a particularly bad point in the month, I had this overwhelming feeling that I was so selfish to think that I shouldn't be going through the trials I'm going through. Our Savior went through so much more - and he did it for me. The atonement has become so much more personal to me through this trial. One of the main reasons for it I am sure.
I'm so glad to hear your testimony Shawnie!
Hope you're feeling better Sari!
I guess I will add my amen to Melinda's comment. One day I was thinking about what Joseph Smith and really what Emma went through as his wife and I was thinking about why things in my life were the way they were (you know, "Why me?" I do everything I can to live the gospel why do I have such and such) and it just came to me, "Why not me?" Every one else has gone through it why do I think I should get a big exemption stamp on my forehead?
Wish I could have been there to hear Shawnie's testimoney... and to eat with Sari.
Post a Comment