Sunday, March 25, 2012

grandma's birthday

Grandma turned 82 yesterday. Nana and I spent the morning with her getting her dolled up to go out to lunch with the girls. We went to a local diner for lunch with Pam, Natalie, Becky, Leah and Hannah. The food was absolutely yum. I'm pretty sure I've already gained 15 pounds since I've been here... I had fish and chips, well, actually it's shark and chips. They call it 'flake'. It was seriously the best fish and chips I'd ever had. Grandma kept commenting on how astonishing it was that I could eat so much...

We went back to her house after lunch for pavlova, which is like a cake but it's just meringue on the bottom with whipped cream and fresh fruit on the top. Oh wow yum. I'm going to try to make it for you when I get home. By 5:00 she was ready to send us all away, and she had a nice quiet evening visiting with neighbors and hanging out with Pepi.

No comments: