For Christmas, we bought an automatic soap dispenser to go in the girls' bathroom. I know, WOW. How thoughtful we are. Actually, we've been trying to help Shawnie be more independent. Now she can wash her hands and face, start to finish, by herself. Well, thanks to that handy dandy gift, that's not the only thing she can do by herself now.
Thursday she came home from school and headed straight into the bathroom. She was in there for a little while, but I didn't really think much of it. She came out just about falling out of her chair with uncontrollable laughter. I had to ask several times before she would finally confess what she'd done. A friend at school had taught her the "soap on the toothbrush" trick and she'd drizzled soap all over Sari's toothbrush. She was so excited to get Sari good. After I laughed for a while, I said, "That's fine, but just understand, I'm not going to stop Sari from getting you back!"
A little while later, she came out of her room and said she felt bad and was worried. She went in the bathroom and washed it all off. Personally, I think she was most worried about the retaliation factor. Anyway, we went on with the evening and didn't speak of it again.
The next morning, the first thing she said when I went in to get her out of bed was, "Did Sari brush her teeth?" The monster within had gotten the best of her, and she'd gone back in the night before and reapplied the soap.
The funniest part of the whole story is poor Sari didn't even notice! (I guess she must be used to the taste of soap in the mouth.)
Keith and I decided at this point it would be wise to keep our toothbrushes out of reach...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the good laugh!
Post a Comment