Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girl's Camp at Heber Valley

Girls camp this year was at Heber Valley. What a beautiful place. I have had the privilege of going there 3 times, Sari has gone twice, and this year, we made it a family event. It was the most perfect place for Shawnie to have her first girls camp experience, and in spite of her stubbornly saying for weeks before hand that she. wasn't. going. and. we. can't. make. her. she had an amazing time, created lots of new friendships, felt the spirit of that mountain, and had her testimony strengthened. The highlight of her week was the challenge course swing. This girl and her dare-devil spirit...



Sari also had a great time with her friends and wasn't too very frustrated that everywhere she turned she found a member of her family. It's so fun to see her interact with the girls in the ward. She always recognizes the ones that need pulled in and steps right up to pull them in. She taught everyone a game that she learned at EFY that was the biggest hit of the week. I never did completely figure it out. It takes too many brain cells but is an absolute riot!

Keith was ultra-helpful and the girls all enjoyed having him there. I will admit, it was a pretty challenging year for me, wearing way too many hats as the assistant camp director, beehive advisor and personal servant and facilitator to the princess. I think I'm getting old, because it took me a couple of weeks to get over the after camp slump this year. Although, that could have been the all-nighter that the beehives pulled playing 'grandma's underpants' and jump roping with glow sticks and having silly string wars...

No comments: