Sunday, May 23, 2010

easter

Easter 2010 was memorable.  We always celebrate the "Easter Bunny" Easter on Saturday and the "Christ Centered" Easter on Sunday.  This system really works for us, because we can keep our Easter Sunday thoughts focused where they should be.

The Easter Bunny still hides eggs all over our house for the girls to find and their  baskets are hidden as well.  This year, Sari FINALLY found her basket in the potato box in the kitchen.  That Easter Bunny gets more clever every year! hee hee! I wonder what he did with all those misplaced potatoes.... Instead of candy, the Easter Bunny puts spare change in the eggs to hide.  By the end of the morning, both girls were much richer than me!

Easter Sunday we (of course) had a big dinner with ham and twice baked potatoes and Sari made incredible deviled eggs and I made the best hot cross buns in my entire history!  We have a set of easter eggs that have items with a scripture that tell the Easter story that we did together after dinner.  Then we were able to watch 'Testaments' which has always affected me in a powerful way.  It affected Shawnie so much to watch the crucifixion that she had to leave the room.  She couldn't understand why they could be so cruel and why Christ let them.  We were able to have an incredible discussion of the love that He has for us, that He would be willing to go through all that He did so that we could be with Him again.  We were able to share our feelings with each other and our testimonies were all strengthened from the experience.

I am so grateful for my Savior.  Sometimes I feel like Shawnie and can't begin to comprehend the love that He has for me.  I feel it so strongly and am recognizing it more often as I am guided through every day.  I am grateful that even though I make mistakes and am far from perfect, He is still there for me and will help me through.  Because I am so imperfect, I am grateful that He was willing to atone for my sins and my weaknesses and my sadness and hurt.  I keep thinking He must be getting tired of catching me when I fall, but He hasn't dropped me yet!



No comments: